Ford engines- for sale......opinion?

Old 01-21-02, 09:37 AM
Question Ford engines- for sale......opinion?

I have a few engines for sale, and have a strange situation. Imagine being in the middle of restoring two vehicles, including halfway through working the engines, and then you STOP.

Well, that's what happened to me. My Dad and I were working on restoring a 67 Fairlane 500 and an 86 F150. Well, sadly we lost my Dad in September 01 and don't have time, money, or knowledge to do this. I need to sell all of it. The F150 body is sold, but I now have a 300ci engine sitting in my garage plus an old flatbed 1950-something part truck with a manual trans. in it.
The motor (out of the truck) and trans (still in the old part-truck) are very rebuildable, and I want to sell them. Is $150 a fair price for this (including the parts truck/trans)?

Also, the Fairlanes (I have two, but both aren't really much of a project car due to the condition) are in the back yard. One has a good engine and trans still in it. The second had a locked-up engine (trans in unknown cond) that Dad took out and is sitting in the garage too. The engine in the one car is good and will run, though the carb and linkage need work. Both engines and trannys are 289 V8, C4 automatic. Is $500 fair for all (both cars, engines, and trans).

Let me know if you all think this is a fair price, and if interested, email me at
[email protected]

thanks all!
Mako

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-02, 11:15 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It sure sounds it.

Your best bet is to advertise them online at www.classifieds2000.com or ebay.com.

You can also try Hemmings magazine.

Some Fordphile will be a very happy person with your stuff. .

To a GM guy like me, they are boat anchors , but to a Ford guy, you have possible gold.

Good luck.

Old 01-21-02, 11:40 AM
To a GM guy like me, they are boat anchors
Now why in the world would someone waste a good rope on that kind of boat anchor? Oddly enough, Dad left two old boats (restore projects, too) that I need to get rid of.

Yes, I'm a GM'er too. My favorite car I ever had was a 1985 Riviera. Oh, what a car! Big, heavy, lots of leather and electric gizmo's. Gas hogging V8. Just tooo goooood! But alas, twas for nought. The 307 went to knocking a rod, and I finally traded it in before the engine blew. The cost to replace or rebuild the 307 was way too much- electronic carb, front-wheel drive V8- too much crap under one hood for anyone in my price range to touch. Nobody could even put a hopped up 350 in it. Oh well.

Old 01-21-02, 11:50 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Ouch. Something rotten in Denmark .

The 307 is virtually bulletproof. I know about 10 people with them with over 150 on them (including my own 307 which is on 142k).

The front drivers like the Riv are classy, but delicate with all that weight on the front wheels. I have an Olds Toro with a 307.

The rear driver GM's are far superior and light years ahead of anything out there in these years . They are simple and run forever on spit and glue

Back in the mid 90's, I recall finding a 1979 Riviera S Type in the junkyard that I recall seeing in my neighborhood. It had an Olds 350 and buckets and a console. It was one sharp car at one time, you could tell. Plush velour seats, sporty, and had a 350 Olds in it. A lot could be done with that if you knew your stuff. I would have driven it for what it was. Sharp!

Your Ford stuff will go to the right guy. Also put a free ad on www.swapzone.net. They have a Ford section.

Old 01-21-02, 01:27 PM
Bullet-proof 307's- I believe it. This one I bought with 150K on the odo. Payed $1500 for it, added about 25K in a year and a half. Traded it in for my current '90 1500. The Buick drove heavier than the truck. No suprize there!

If I could get my hands on someone who could drop a rear-wheel 350 in it with, say, a 400turbo automatic, I'd be whistlin' Dixie!

Mako