Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'95 S-10 Spark Plugs

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-22-02, 05:34 PM   #1  
'95 S-10 Spark Plugs

My 1995 Chevy S-10 has a problem with one of the spark plugs. It is a 4-cylinder and the second spark plug has recently started coming out. It has only done it a couple of times. It will start getting a little knocking that slowly gets worse and then the spark plug will come completely out of the engine. The oil level etc. at fine. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

NJ

01-23-02, 06:04 AM   #2  
Striped Threads

Sounds like striped threads. In my '91 Geo Metro 3 cyl I had the same problem with #1. As a cheap fix I used plumbers thread dope [not the tape]. Just make sure you don't over coat the plug threads or get any in the block. This got me through 2 additional years and I sold it last weekend with no more plug popping.

This is a quick poor man's fix and I can't say whether it will cause any mechanical damage.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Doug

Visiting Guest

01-23-02, 09:52 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Go to your local parts store and get the proper size tap for the plug hole and retap the thread. Then you can reinstall the spark plug.

A shop can handle this as well for you.

Search this Thread