Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1992 buick skylark heat problems please help im cold in maine

Visiting Guest

01-22-02, 07:05 PM   #1  
radoo
1992 buick skylark heat problems please help im cold in maine

i have 1992 buick skylark the problems is it just takes too long for my car to heat up (i changed the thermostat) and when it does heat up it doesnt blow out hard enough, and when it is set on max it blows a little but when it is on any other setting it seems like fan aint blowing the heat is seeping out slow. i want to change the blower motor i think it might be clogged with pine needles or something just a guess. also when i flushed the core the pipe leading in was hot pipe leading out was cold is the core clogged? when i put the setting on blend it defrosts a little but then i get no heat.

thanks

cold in maine

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-23-02, 04:30 AM   #2  
Your'e on the right track

You are thinking in the right direction. Start with the simple things first. taking the blower motor off will let you get inside the compartment and clean out any debris that has accumulated and will let air get to the core. also on the blower compartment under the hood you may have an electrical connector with 3 or 4 wires that is plugged into a small flat rectangular piece on the side of the compartment. make sure that this has good connections and no corrosion as that is what controls fan speed inside the car.

If you do all this and still have inadequate heat then you may want to take a closer look at the heater core itself.

Search this Thread