STALLING 1985 MAZDA 626lx

Old 01-27-02, 05:57 PM
Question STALLING 1985 MAZDA 626lx

Why did they change the original software? This is a nightmare!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-02, 06:57 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
In most ways, it is better and does more.

What is the issue with the Mazda?

Old 01-28-02, 07:19 PM
Talking

Hi!
Sorry for putting that but the new format threw me out 3 times after writing my problem. After all the writing it got fustrating!
It was, I have a 1985 Mazda 626LX that had a fuel pump leak which I replaced (leaked gas all over the engine from bottom vent holes) I also replaced the distributor cap,rotor and plugs as they were due.
What was happening is that after that the auto would operate for a while it would then just die. Sometimes, after the engine would cool, it would start and operate again for a while. If necessary, it would restart with a shot of starting fluid but after 4 stalls, seperate periods of time after apparently normal operation, it wouldn't work at all.
That was my plea for help as I had to listen to my better half (Loudly and vigorously as it was my fault of course!) and miss half of the playoff games .
The bright side is that I have rectified the problem as a broken vaccuum hose waaaaaaaaaay down in the engine compartment that apparently leads to the EGR valve (at least I think thats what it is as it sits near the carb!). Mazda has a rats nest of vaccuum hose in this model auto and very limited room for to get into the compartment and follow those hoses. Their hose routing schematic work manuals are like trying to follow a map to the El Diablo gold mine!
Now, hopefully!, I can watch the Superbowl without any frantic phone calls for rescue!
Thanks for the reply though!

Old 01-29-02, 05:21 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lol.

Those old Japanese cars are pesky. Lots of problems when they get old .

Good work in tracking it down and repairing it though! Bravo!