88 prk. ave. buick

Old 01-29-02, 06:00 PM
Question 88 prk. ave. buick

3.8 eng. misses and hesitates sometimes when u give it the gas. have replaced plugs,wires, fuel filter, coil pac, etc. sometimes it runs ok, then will start jumping, if u give it the floor it may smooth out for a while. have to run in D or keep the RPMs up most of the time.??????

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-02, 06:51 PM
I had what seems to be the same problem with a mazda 626. Does it run rough when climbing a long hill? I had replaced lots of parts and eventually thought it might be a clogged catatytic converter. The worst thing about it was that it idled fine so I couldnt just open the hood and troubleshoot it in park. Then a teenager smashed me from behind and the car was totaled......one of the happiest days of my life

Possibly you might have a clogged exaust system or bad egr valve or something related to it. Do you ever get a bad smell when its running rough?

I wish you lots of luck. When you get it fixed, please post what the problem was.

Old 01-29-02, 08:15 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lol.

Roger Smith was the President of GM at one time, you do know that, right? .

Lol.

That being said, a bad mass air flow sensor will do this. While the engine is running, rap on it with the end of a screwdriver handle. If the car misses or wants to stall, the sensor is bad. Replace it.

Common problem on these.