Ground Problem???

Old 02-01-02, 10:44 AM
Unhappy Ground Problem???

Hi all,
I have a 1999 Pontiac Bonneville with a strange problem. Whenever it rains and of course the car gets wet I get these strange symptoms. My dome light flashes, my interior buzzer makes this low pitch buzzing noise and my fasten seat belt light come on even when my belt is fastened. The other situation is that it will only do this when it is raining and it only lasts for approx 2 minutes or so after start up but the low pitch buzzer noise keeps going. I have a hunch that it has to do with the ground circuit at the body controller but I'm not sure where it is and what pins I'm looking for. Does this sound like I'm going in the right direction. Also, I purchased a Chilton manual and is does not describe locations. Would anyone happen to know where I could find info like this?
Thanks,

Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-02, 11:14 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Dealer should cover it for free under the factory warranty.

Old 02-01-02, 11:24 AM
I'm way out of factory warr.

I'm way out of factory warr. So I'm pretty much solo on this project!! Any other suggestions?

Old 02-01-02, 11:43 AM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
I know Joe will agree with this advice....get a subscription for your vehicle at www.ALLDATA.com.....$25.00 for a year, much more complete repair/diagnostic info than a manual, complete with wiring diagrams, exploded pictures and factory service proceedures, along with all known recall and technical service bulletins......well worth the price.....

Old 02-01-02, 01:04 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with Mooser.

However, it's a 1999 vehicle. Still might be covered by a goodwill warranty.

Does alldata.com show any bulletins on this problem?

Old 02-01-02, 02:30 PM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
Joe, there is one TSB listed for replacement of PCM/BCM modules......

Old 02-01-02, 03:37 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
In such case, might want to check it out through Alldata as you said or have a dealer make a print out of it.

See if the symptoms match the problem, and then you know what the fix is