Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

After market jack?

Visiting Guest

02-02-02, 01:49 AM   #1  
h2mach4
After market jack?

Found that the jack that came with my 1988 Chevy Celebrity Euro Sport is Junk! I imagine after market jacks probably have a wide price range? I'd like something small enough to keep in the trunk, and hopefully last a lifetime. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links

02-02-02, 06:59 AM   #2  
Head to a retail chain and pick up a light duty hydraulic floor jack. They retail for around 30.00 and take up little space. Their much easier to use than a bumper jack or mechanical type.

Group Moderator

FL

02-02-02, 09:19 AM   #3  
The one I carry on my wrecker is a small portable from Sears; works good and was not expensive, came in a carrying case.

Visiting Guest

02-02-02, 03:44 PM   #4  
Joe_F
I agree with these guys. Most GM jacks of 80's vintage are pretty good, however.

On a full frame car like my '84 Olds 88, there's a hole in the frame. The jack fits right in. It's like a mini floor jack in a way.

On unibody cars like the Celebrity it fits in a slot in the rocker and has a tendency to wobble.

However, you'll find that most of the Celebrity besides the jack is junk as well .

Last edited by Joe_F; 02-03-02 at 06:17 AM.

Visiting Guest

02-03-02, 12:02 AM   #5  
h2mach4
Thanks

Thanks for the jack advise. Wish they made cars as good as motorcycles! Maybe I'll buy a Honda next?

Cheers,
AL

Visiting Guest

02-03-02, 06:19 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Lol. Some motorcycles are better than cars, some are junk too .

Honda makes some nice lawnmowers and generators though. Pretty good dirt bikes as well. Lol

Search this Thread