Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1990 Ford Probe Overheating

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-02-02, 05:26 PM   #1  
1990 Ford Probe Overheating

OKAY, I HAVE A 1990 FORD PROBE AND IT WILL NOT STOP OVER HEATING . FIRST IT WAS OVER HEATING AND A NEW RADIATOR WAS BOUGHT .IT WORKED FINE FOR ABOUT A WEEK ,NOW IT OVER HEATED VERY BADLY ON TUESDAY JAN.29 OR 30th . I BOUGHT A NEW THERMOSAT AND STILL I AM OVER HEATING LIKE CRAZY! SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THSI CAN YOU FIND IT IN YOUR HEART TO LET ME KNOW .................................. I THANK YOU ADVANCE

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-02-02, 07:35 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Please kill your caps key, we can hear you loud and clear.

A couple of things:

1) The electric fans must work, or you will have trouble. If they do not come on, this is your problem.
Bring power to them from the battery. If they spin, then the motor is good. If not, the motor is bad. Replace it.

2) Make sure there are air dams in place if originally equipped. They are functional.

3) Will it overheat idling? Driving? Both? Neither? How long till it overheats.

4) Run it without the thermostat. If it overheats, stat isn't the problem. If it does not now, the problem is a defective stat.

Let us know what you find.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-04-02, 08:09 PM   #3  
sorry bud but if it overheated bad and still is...throw it away...look for a chevy...no but ya better look at the white smoke coming out the tail pipe...it looks like steam...because it is you own one of the worse heads ever put on a vehicle...ya probably have a bad head...sorry but see if there is any moisture coming out the back...

Search this Thread