No TURN Signals!!

Old 02-02-02, 05:53 PM
BGH
Unhappy No TURN Signals!!

Please help. . .
My 1994 Old Achieva with 127,000 miles has been working great, except for a few minor things.

Two days ago, the turn signals simply stopped working. No flashing and blinking, and no noise inside the car that you normally get when directionals are on. I tried my hazzards, and they still work. Just the turn signals don't.

I thought it was the fuse and changed it today. But NO success. The new fuse didn't get it to work.

I would love to get your thoughts and suggestions. I have used this sight to fix a burnt out headlight, and blown horn fuse. I'm somewhat knowledgeable, and would love to avoid the cost of a mechanic, if possible.

I appreciate all help. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-02, 07:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Likely a bad flasher if the hazards work normally.

It's either in the fuse box, to the right of the steering column, or midway under the dashboard.

1) Call up any GM dealer. Their parts books will put you to it in a jiffy.

2) Any parts store that stocks Wagner's lighting products will have a locator chart in the back of the book.

Either idea will work. Change the flasher and you should be good to go. Let us know.

Old 02-03-02, 10:04 AM
BGH
Thanks

Thanks Joe. I'll give your advice a try and let you now how it goes.

Old 02-03-02, 08:00 PM
mdhaque
Visiting Guest
This happened to my dodge dynasty.and i found out that one of the rear tail light bulb was gone. Now this opened up the circuit, and as a result, the front turn indicator wasnt working. I changed the rear bulb ($3) and this fixed the problem. If your flasher and fuse are ok, you might like to look for a bad bulb, either at front or rear.

Old 02-04-02, 03:43 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
True, but his flashers work correctly .

Might want to change the bulbs anyhow. Most times you'll find them dulled from age. Cheap enough.