heater problems

Old 02-04-02, 07:07 PM
Visiting Guest
heater problems

Here is one for ya....I have a 94 Z28....the heater is not blowing cold...it seems to have a little warm air coming out with the cold it blows...sucks on cold days....now air pockets...burped it real well...termo seems to be working well...no coolant\vapor loss...thought the fans might be keeping it too cool...unplugged made no difference...any thoughts??????doyle

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-02, 07:46 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Warm it up.

Feel the heater hoses going to the firewall. Both hot? If so, the problem is the vent door system inside.

If not, problem lies in the cooling system. If one is hot, one cool, possible blocked core. Reverse flush it with a hose and see if it helps. Possible bad water pump, as this has the Optispark system which is problematic. If the water pump goes, it wipes out the Optispark and it is big bucks. Terrible system .

Change the stat for a Delco part. The aftermarkets have more of a chance being bad but Delco is buying Stant for older applications like my 79 and 80 Trans Ams .

Old 02-04-02, 07:51 PM
Visiting Guest
ya the system seems to be working all hoses are hot...leaning towards the vents...but wanted to hear someone elses ideas incase i missed something....really didn`t want to disassemble the inside of the car...lol that will be fun..ha ha....hey used to have a 79 ta with 6.7L great car had lots of fun...

Search this Thread