cracked winshield

Old 02-05-02, 02:32 PM
james gallagher
Visiting Guest
cracked winshield

is there such a product on the market such as liquid glass? if so where would i get it? as i would like to try and fix my winshield on my ranger , it is not cracked all the way across but would like to see if i could stop it from cracking further, it might sound like a stupid question but you never know these days whats on the market. or am i gonna have to fork out the cash for a new winshield? thanks

Old 02-05-02, 03:53 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
I really think you need a replacement. I have not seen anything that would stop the crack from eventually running on you. Just a matter of time. Small chips can be repaired sometimes, but the last one I saw attempted by a PRO, cracked all the way across while he was in the repair process. Comment was. "oops. you need a new windshield"

Old 02-05-02, 04:56 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Pitch the unit for a new one.

Glass is part of the crash structure in a vehicle and you don't want to compromise that at all.

Safelite and other glass chains do a nice job on windshields and are quite reasonable. Around 200 bucks installed. Can't beat it.

Driving around with cracks also invites pull overs from the police as well.

Old 02-05-02, 05:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 249 Upvotes on 201 Posts
Another nice thing about the Sunshine State. My wife picked up a nice stone crack on the Interstate couple of months ago. Insurance covers 100%, no deductible, and no additional premium for that - it's standard part of insurance coverage here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: