Pitman arms/'98 GMC p/u


Old 02-06-02, 01:10 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Pitman arms/'98 GMC p/u

Need to replace Pitman arm and ball joints, What's the easiest way to go???
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-02, 01:16 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
The pitman arm requires a puller. You can rent or buy one from your local autoparts store.

The upper balljoints are riveted in place. You'll need to drill or cut the rivets to remove them. The replacement joints will come with bolts to replace the rivets you remove.

The lower balljoints are pressed in place. You'll need to buy or rent a balljoint press to replace them safely.

If you plan to tackle this job yourself, get a Haynes or Helm manual. You'll need it! This job is not especially difficult, but you need to know what you're doing to avoid hurting your truck or yourself.
Old 02-06-02, 10:58 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Just out of curiosity how many miles on your '98 GMC?
Old 02-06-02, 03:55 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks, I think I will try that, but if the top ball joint has no rivets just a nut does that mean it's been done already?
Old 02-06-02, 03:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
redneck answer

there is 189000 kms on my GMC

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: