mass air flow sensor

Old 02-06-02, 10:06 AM
mass air flow sensor

My 94 Ford Ranger last night started running bad and check light came on, lucky my neighbor has snap-on scanner. Only code was for the Mass Air Flow Sensor. Only person who had one instock was autozone, rebuildt. The new looks cheap compared to the factory one. I was wondering could the sensor it self be removed from the new one aluminum body and install on the ford factory aluminum body. The factory is finished alot nicer, inside is milled smooth, where the new is rough casted. I've install it as it is and the check light when right out and is running fine for now. I was wonder about swaping the aluminum bodies, didnt know if this would mess up the calibration.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-02, 10:44 AM
I must say, I like the way you think. I have never taken one of these apart before. Took a MAP sensor apart and found out, there is nothing inside you need to know about.
My only questions would be: Does Autozone have another one available? Is it worth the cost? If you answer to these two questions is Yes, than go for it. If your check engine light comes on afterwards......go to Autozone and get a new one.

Old 02-06-02, 10:46 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Can probably make one good one from two, but I wouldn't take it apart. If you damage the hot wire or other internals, you'll be back to square one.

As mentioned, see if they have one in stock that is more visually appealing or go with another company's product that is.