the car will not start for ten min aftter i turn it off

Old 02-08-02, 07:58 AM
SaDow
Visiting Guest
Cool the car will not start for ten min aftter i turn it off

the car has had a high idle when i start it fpr the past two weeks , but in the last two days after running to and from work the car will not turn on after i shut it off unless i wait 10 - 15 min . i also noticed that the blower on my heater is not working. click the arrow for more info that i added.

Last edited by SaDow; 02-08-02 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-02, 11:23 AM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
if you will give more information it would be helpful......year, make, model of car? size of engine? mileage? last time it was tuned up or repair work done on engine? these guy's are pretty good, but they cannot read your mind..... :-)

Old 02-08-02, 11:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Again Mooser is right

Old 02-08-02, 12:54 PM
SaDow
Visiting Guest
more info on SaDows car

the car is a 1989 chev Iroc with 54457 miles . i have changed the alternator , starter , water pump , fuel pump , and a bearing or two . I will change the fuel filter tonight (since that has been brought up as a posible problem. the plugs were changed about four months ago , but it has not had a full tune yet. i just changed the oil about a month ago , and the fuel pump about six month's ago . the rest i had done almost 18 months ago before my car went off warr. the engine is a 350 port injected , automatic, i cant thik of any thing else you would need to know . and i did not e- mail to any one person , as a matter of fact this is only the 2nd time i have posted any thing . i would not even know who to e-mail. thanks again sorry about the problems

Old 02-08-02, 04:54 PM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
you say the car will "not turn on" unless you wait.....does the starter turn the engine over and it just won't fire up? Or does the starter not turn the engine over?

Old 02-09-02, 08:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I think a few people answered your other post. (Including me).

Stick with one post and use your reply button to keep continuity on the post