1988 Cadillac Eldorado

Old 02-09-02, 11:38 PM
dduzdave
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 1988 Cadillac Eldorado

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? MY 'OL MAN SAYS ITS GOING TO THE GRAVEYARD!!!!

MY 88 CADDY IS MAKING A LOUD NOISE, THAT SEEMS TO BE A TAPPING NOISE WHICH SEEMS TO GO ALONG WITH ENGINE SPEED-ACCEL AND DECELL SPEED. SOUNDS LIKE AN EX UNDER THE ENGINE WITH A HAMMER. THE NUMBER 8 SPARK PLUG KEEPS FOULING WITH LOTS OF GOOK ON IT!!! OIL, I THINK? ONE GUY SAYS PISTON OR ROD SOUNDS LOOSE. HE OWNS HIS OWN AUTO REPAIR SHOP? hahhahahaha. ANY IDEAS? REAL ONES I MEAN OKAY? THANKS GUYS HURRY, I AM DESPERATE!!!

DINKEE

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-02, 09:05 AM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
sorry to say this, but your automotive friend is correct....from what you describe, it sounds like a rod knocking and probably broken rings on #8.....engine will have to be overhauled to fix it, at least the bottom end (short block)....continuing to drive it like this will result in much more severe damage, possibly even throwing a rod through the side of the block.....bottom line, time for engine rebuild or replacement....

Old 02-10-02, 07:25 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with Mooser.

Have an oil pressure check done and that should confirm it.

If the car is in good shape, get a Goodwrench rebuilt engine for it and put it back in service.

If it's in poor shape, pitch it for something else.

Old 02-17-02, 01:51 PM
dduzdave
Visiting Guest
1988 CADILLAC ELDORADO

THANKS 4 YOUR QUICK RESPONSE IN REGARDS TO MY KNOCKING NOISE. I AM NOT EVEN GOING TO TELL YOU IN WORDS, I AM JUST GONNA SHOW YOU A PIC OR 2 OKAY

THANKS AGAIN DDUZDAVE

Old 02-17-02, 03:48 PM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
OK, where are the pics?????

when dduzdave duz davedod?