Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1988 Buick Lesabre

Visiting Guest

02-10-02, 03:44 PM   #1  
kleigh1967
1988 Buick Lesabre

We have a 1988 Buick Lesabre.......the problem is when the car warms up....it acts like its not getting gas??? Chokes and stutters........it might die if we try to give it too much gas.....we just had it in the shop....and they didnt get any readings.....the pvc hose was loose and they fixed it.....now 2 weeks later its doing the same thing again......it only does it when the car warms up????? what could be the problem?? we even tried replacing the oxegen sensor and that didnt help???????

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-10-02, 06:14 PM   #2  
mooser1
I know when Joe gets here he will ask this: which size engine? how many miles? how long since last tune-up, plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc.? Need a little more information in order to offer suggestions.......this problem could be caused by a lot of different things.....my first inclination according to the symtoms you describe would be that the EGR valve is either sticking or faulty, check this valve and all vacuum connections for leaks......

Visiting Guest

02-10-02, 06:56 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with Mooser. Need more information to help.

Could be a mass air flow sensor gone bad. When the trouble happens, take the back end of a screwdriver and rap on the sensor, which is inline from the air intake hose from the air filter box.

If the idle changes or the car misfires/chuggles, the sensor is bad. Time for a new one.

Search this Thread