Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

more carb/fuel help

02-11-02, 07:44 AM   #1  
more carb/fuel help

Dodge B150van 318, auto. Rebuilt the carb. replaced the fuel pum and a few lines yesterday. The damn thing just won't start after sitting more than a few hours, seems like the fuel in the bowl of the carb just goes away. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-11-02, 08:05 AM   #2  
Joe_F
What does a volume check of the fuel pump reveal?

Check my signature file for some ideas.

02-11-02, 09:59 AM   #3  
Joe, I'm in Mexico. I went to 4 diffrent dealerships to have the fuel pump tested and not one single on of them had a fuel pressure gauge. They think I'm the man in the moon. If I hold the choke plate open I can see gas dribbling into the carb after it's been started with gas earlier. By the way it's a holley 2280

Visiting Guest

02-11-02, 10:14 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Hit an Autozone store (I'm sure they have them in Mexico) and rent a fuel pressure gauge.

Follow your directions there and tell us what it tells you.

Did you rebuild the carburetor? Perhaps leave something out?

02-11-02, 10:56 AM   #5  
Joe there are no auto zones in Mexico or certainly none on their web site. I just found a guy in Brooklyn who will mail me a carb. Don't care about the cost. Just want to be able to start in the morning. Shoud be here Friday. I'll install it and go from there. Thanks

Visiting Guest

02-11-02, 12:23 PM   #6  
Joe_F
Wow ! That's going to be pricey.

Check your fuel pump volume by seeing how much volume it can fill a jar with.

Let us know what you find. Old Chryslers were a PITA with carburetion and they never got it right.

Search this Thread