89 Buick Century Front Marker Light

Old 02-12-02, 08:16 AM
89 Buick Century Front Marker Light

Just call her crash My daughter has been driving 20 days when she had her first mishap. I was able to obtain a header panel from a local yard that had the head lights and grill for $200. The only thing it did not have was the right side marker and directional bezel. After market new price is $75.00 plus shipping and tax. The car can use markers from 89-92 Buick Centurys. I do not know if another GM division make would work. Anyone know of any place cheaper or has one hanging on the wall that they would like to part with. We bought the car for $700 and I really do not want to put a whole lot more into it, but I need the marker for NJ Inspection in July.

Thanks,

Doug

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-02, 08:59 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Most body shop supplies (and some auto parts stores) also sell the offshore lamps and such from catalogs.

Place out here in Long Island called Crash and Rust states 89-90 Side marker lamp, all amber, 45.00, 516-501-1111 is their #.

You could also try a couple of other things:

1) Put your request on www.junkyarddog.com and see what hits you get. Yards will reply with the cost and availability.

2) Call a couple of local yards. I don't know where you are in NJ, but if memory serves me, I saw a couple of those heaps, errr, I mean vehicles at Aberdeen Auto Salvage in Aberdeen, NJ. I scout there every so often for parts and such.

3) Hunt's Point Auto in the Bronx....they should have it. Most yards will have it, just a matter of calling around.

4) I normally don't squawk at parts under 100 bucks like this, because you can get the part new in less time sometimes as reasonably as a used one. I usually have good luck finding what I need used though .

5) According to what I know and see, the GM # for the RH marker lamp is a 5974702 and is good for 89 to 91 Century models only. Does not cover 1992 and newer, don't know where you got that, unless 1992 is a different color lamp, same shape (like on some early Cadillacs, lens is the same, color is different).

6) I get 95 bucks list price for the lamp. Plug that # I gave you (seems to be the bezel and the lamp as one piece from what I can see) onto www.gmpartsdirect.com and see what they want. They charge GM dealer price and make their money on shipping and handling.

Let us know what you find.

Old 02-12-02, 09:46 AM
Let the Hunt Begin :D

Thanks Joe_F - I just placed a search with Junk yard dog. I am down in the Trenton, NJ area and have depleted search by phone. Now I have to spend time with my daughter walking through the junk looking for a left damaged front. They only list complete front inventories when you call. Should be a fun dirty weekend. I can't wait to here my daughter's girlie cries because of how dirty she will become A Dad's day is never complete until he gets a laugh from simple pleasures.

Doug

Old 02-12-02, 10:44 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lol. Well if she wants a normal looking car again, she's going 'a parts pickin'. That or pay someone to do the repairs.

You wreck 'em, you pull the parts . That's my motto

It's actually something I enjoy doing, especially when I get a "Find" . I have "found" many over the years. Like the 2 dollar 80 Trans Am armrest and the 2 dollar rear center spoiler. Yahoo !!!!!

I hate junk though, so everything must have a home and an organized storage space .

I have a rebuilt alternator in stock for my 84 Olds 88 when it needs it. I got a 10 dollar (if that) core of the same ID # and rebuilt it with all new parts. Should be good to go now.

I always wear work gloves when I work on the car or go "yarding" so I tend to come out pretty good .