Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda Accord - Window washer Fluids

Visiting Guest

02-12-02, 04:48 PM   #1  
luciano
Honda Accord - Window washer Fluids

I have a 1992 Honda Accord LX. Dependable, but lately been giving me some problems. The past couple of weeks I try to clean my windshield and sometimes the fluid comes out and sometimes it comes out very slowly. I hear the motor running for the wipers but it comes out very slowly.

Any Idea what I can look for

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-12-02, 05:00 PM   #2  
mooser1
do you live where it's extremely cold right now? could be the fluid is trying to freeze up in the lines......

Visiting Guest

02-12-02, 05:01 PM   #3  
luciano
Not very vold ..... It does come out, but very slowly ... the fliud dosn't even hit my winddhield

Visiting Guest

02-12-02, 05:34 PM   #4  
mooser1
you can try removing the very small lines from the pump and blowing thru them to see if they are plugged, clean the spray nozzles with a tiny piece of wire, other than that the pump itself may be getting bad.....

Visiting Guest

02-12-02, 06:57 PM   #5  
brandy6987
I can tell you with 99% certainty what the problem is.

If you open your hood and look very closely at the hinge on the driver's side of the car, you will see an accordian shaped connector attached to an elbow on one side and the washer line going to the hood on the other. Either the accordian is ripped, or the elbow has been broken due to fatigue.

The key to this is if that is the problem, go to the dealership to get the parts!!!! They will be the only ones to have it!! (You always have the choice of going to a junk yard, but why take the chance on a used part going bad when the new elbow and accordian combined costs like $10.00!!!!)

Remember to look for dry, crusty, blue colored spots when looking for windshield washer leaks!!

Good-luck!!!

Visiting Guest

02-12-02, 08:58 PM   #6  
Joe_F
I agree.

Take the lines off at the squirters. Command the pump. See if it flows well. If it does, the problem is clogged squirter nozzles.

If not, the problem is a restriction or a wiped pump.

Search this Thread