Build codes-factory options

Old 02-12-02, 05:09 PM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
Build codes-factory options

hey Joe, I know you can help on this one.....96 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Z71, 5.7, 3.73 posi....just bought this truck a month ago, beautiful rig, everything works great.....

here's what I can't find.....glove box sticker (build sticker) has 65 seperate option numbers, no descriptions, there ain't enough room on the poor little tag....

been searching for hours for a GM site or anyone else that can identify the numbers....I stumbled around and figured out the engine, rear end, posi, and a couple other items, but just out of curiosity would like to check them all....can you point me in the right direction short of a two hour phone call to a dealer, remember, sixty five separate #'s here......

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-02, 05:59 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
mooser
I took my veh. to a dealer and the shop tech gave me the info out of a manual. I had a web for GM where you could submit the VIN and it would give you all that info. BUT it failed to recognize me as I did not have a current dealer password. Hope Joe can come up with an idea or a web site.

Old 02-12-02, 06:28 PM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
thanks Darrell.....

came up with this site

http://www.gm-trucks.com/RPO_1998.shtml

from a guy on chevytalk.com....only goes back to 98 but I got all of mine except 6, that's pretty good considering how many there are....I have all kinds of things that can go bad......

Old 02-12-02, 09:02 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Give me your VIN and a fax # and I'll run it through the GM parts Imager I have at work. It is the same database as a dealer has. By the way, any GM dealer can do the same thing. GM data goes from about 1991 or so forward.

It will decode all the options. Some do not have explanations (the printout indicates this) and are factory internal codes with no field significance.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with the truck. Sounds nice.

Old 02-13-02, 08:59 AM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
thanks Joe....if you have the time....VIN#2GCEK19R8T1186127

fax #530 623-3408

Old 02-13-02, 09:54 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Ok Mooser check your fax machine.

It should be there.

Let me know if it seems right and what you think.

Old 02-13-02, 10:06 AM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
OK, thanks Joe.....fax is at little woman's work place, will check it out when she gets home and let you know....

Old 02-13-02, 10:08 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I can tell you it is:

Made in Canada
Black in color on the outside.
Neutral Leather interior.
VERY well loaded.
Has a 3.73 rear.
Power everything, including seat.

etc. etc. You'll see from the printout

Nice truck!

Old 02-13-02, 10:31 AM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
yes it is a very nice truck, everything works, runs and drives perfect so far, I've only owned it for a month or so.....I actually bought it on eBay, sight unseen, just looked at pictures, truck came from Texas.....I was a little nervous waiting for it to get here, dreading what kind of shape it could be in.....needless to say, I'm amazed and impressed at the honesty of the seller concerning this truck.....

Old 02-13-02, 10:59 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like a good truck, good luck with it.

Old 02-14-02, 04:39 PM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
hey Joe....got the fax with the RPO's, between that and the other site I have deciphered most of them, more than I need to know.....

thanks again for your help, keep up the good work....

Old 02-14-02, 05:04 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Thanks and no problem.

Good luck with your new wheels.

Search this Thread