Help!

Old 02-13-02, 02:22 PM
GRRD
Visiting Guest
Help!

I have a 1994 Ford Taurus. Last March I had a new radiator installed. Afterwards my car got a little harder to start. In May I was driving down the road and it started to cut out. Soon after it died completely. I had a fuel filter and fuel pump put on the vehicle. It ran okay after that but I had a little trouble starting it. In September the new radiator I put in the vehicle came "unglued" according to the people I bought and had it installed from. They put in another radiator. Afterwards I had even more trouble starting it. In December the car started cutting out again, and making a weird buzzing noise under the hood. If the car died and the key was turned off for a few minutes the noise would quit and the car would start. Now it will only stay started a few minutes without the noise starting and the car cutting out. Can anyone give me a clue what might be wrong? I have spent a lot of money on repair jobs for this car, some of which were not done very well. I would like an idea of what might be wrong, so that if the diagnosis is completely off base, I can try another place.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-02, 04:44 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
That radiator is a PITA to do, I know, I just did one on my cousin's 1993 Taurus 3.0. Not much room to work effectively .

The radiator likely didn't cause any trouble, unless the wiring going to the relay control module was jarred or is chaffing something. (which is a box underneath the plastic fan shroud piece on top (the one that has all the vehicle emission control information/stickers)

You must be more descriptive of the actual problem for us to help.

Check my post "The Basics" in my signature file for some ideas on how to post, report your problems and perhaps figure out the cause of the trouble.

Let us know what you find.

Old 02-14-02, 06:21 AM
Group Moderator
Unfortunately you are not alone in having spent a lot of money keeping a Taurus/Sable running. Not one of Ford's better engineering jobs (is "Ford engineering" an oxymoron, Joe?).
I know; my brother owns one. Hope you're saving money for the transmission job that it will need; it's expensive.

Old 02-14-02, 09:20 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Now, now, be nice .

Yes the Taurus and Sable trannies puke out fast. My cousin with the 93 said, "I think the tranny is starting to slip".

I said "Think about putting that thing out to pasture, because it will never end".

We'll see what the outcome is.

Old 02-15-02, 05:54 AM
Group Moderator
He must have gotten one of the GOOD ones; you might remember my having mentioned my brother's '93 Sable that crapped the tranny at about 6 years of age and less than 50k miles (same one I just had to do the timing cover coolant leak on).

Old 02-15-02, 07:13 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Between my cousin and my uncle they have three of these things, so I'm always on roller skates with one of them. Lol.