Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Drag link 4wd

NM

02-13-02, 04:06 PM   #1  
Drag link 4wd

84 Chevy K-10 1/2 ton 4 wd
I need to put a new drag link in this truck my manuals do not show step by step. Can I replace it with out lifting up the truck or do I take the load off the frontend?
Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-13-02, 04:34 PM   #2  
Joe_F
What manuals are you using?

Check the links in my signature file.

Visiting Guest

02-13-02, 05:14 PM   #3  
mooser1
if by "drag link" you are referring to either the Pitman arm or the idler arm, the truck needs to be lifted.....this according to Chilton's autolibrary.org site, which includes exploded views of the proceedure......

NM

02-13-02, 06:54 PM   #4  
Drag Link 4wd

I have the chiltons manual and one i'm not sure what kind but it's the kind you find in the library those fat green ones. They do not show how the replace the drag link. (Mooser1) I think you are referring to the 2wd set up on these trucks. The autolibrary site said no information on this truck.

Visiting Guest

02-13-02, 07:00 PM   #5  
mooser1
you're right, I just clicked on the first truck on the autolibrary list....reason: I own both a 4WD and a 2WD Chevy truck, steering setup is exactly the same on both models....wasn't trying to mislead you on this.....

02-13-02, 08:31 PM   #6  
I usually lift the vehicle anytime i replace any suspension/steering parts.It makes it a whole lot easier.I have changed them without lifting though in a have to situation.The draglink you mention is nothing more then a long tie rod end and it's basically changed the same way.I'd deffinately get an alignment done afterwards.

Search this Thread