Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Waterpump on 318

Visiting Guest

02-16-02, 07:50 PM   #1  
smj5169
Waterpump on 318

Yes I have a 84 Dodge D-150 with a 318, when I pulled in to driveway under the hood was smoking, when I open hood there was water everywhere. I looked at all the hoses and they where fine I got under the truck and looked and it looked like right where the waterpump mounts to engine it was coming from. My question do waterpumps just go out and shoot all the water out like that. Is there a seal or gasket that bust? I looked in my Haynes manuel and it was talking like it would just leak out of a weep hole in waterpump. Mine shot all the water out and was pouring out in a short period of time like I said all over the engine. I just wanted to know if this did sound like the waterpump. Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-16-02, 08:11 PM   #2  
A hose probably blew off the pump. The lower radiator hose attatches to the pump, and also a heater hose or two. Maybe one of these hoses cracked open. Never saw the pump itself do as you described, but I won't say it can't happen.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

02-17-02, 08:06 AM   #3  
Joe_F
It could feasibly leak from behind but not usually.

Pitch the pump, both hoses and thermostat and gasket in favor of new parts. Flush out the radiator. It's a good time to service the system now

Search this Thread