Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1991 buick park avenue

Visiting Guest

02-18-02, 03:51 PM   #1  
kknowles
1991 buick park avenue

my 1991 buick park avenue is making a squealing noise up by the right front tire. you notice it real well when you are turning. power steering fluid is fine.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-18-02, 04:07 PM   #2  
mooser1
could be the warning indicators on your right front brake pads, possibly a wheel bearing going bad...

I would pull the right front tire and wheel off and see if anything looks suspicious...

just a thought...

Visiting Guest

02-18-02, 04:50 PM   #3  
kknowles
okay what kind of price am i looking at to fix either one of these problems.

Visiting Guest

02-18-02, 05:21 PM   #4  
mooser1
not very much, especially if you can do the work yourself.....

I would be asking myself, what will it cost me if I don't fix it?

if it's a worn brake pad and eats up the rotor, cost to repair will quadruple...

if it's a bad bearing that self destructs and eats up your front spindle, causes the front wheel to come off and possibly causing you and others to be involved in a serious accident, what's that worth?

just a thought...

Visiting Guest

02-18-02, 08:27 PM   #5  
kknowles
i didnt say that i wasnt going to fix it. i just wanted a ballpark estimate. and no i am not mechanically inclined that far. i am going to a shop directly tomorrow. i will start with the brakes and make my way to the bearing. thank you for getting back to me so fast. my husband was really worring about what the noise was. it doesnt make the noise all the time. just enough to make you think you were hearing something, and not being able to place it. it took both of us to figure it out. one standing outside of the car and the other driving it around til it made the noise. but at least you gave me something to talk to the mechanic about. instead of going there with open problem. if i am lucky it is only the brake pads. since i have no idea how much replacing a bearing costs.

Visiting Guest

02-19-02, 03:41 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Brakes and rotors (which it probably needs) about 250 bucks.

Both bearings, add another 125 or so per side. Have to be pressed in and out.

I read your post a couple of times and I'm not sure it's that. Be more descriptive of the noise and when it occurs. Else, bring it in and see what they say.

Search this Thread