91 Caravan 30,000 actual miles

Old 02-18-02, 06:55 PM
Sayaka
Visiting Guest
91 Caravan 30,000 actual miles

While the vehicle is running, I hear this clicking noise every 3-4 seconds. If the headlights are on they'll pulsate with the clicking noise, as do the lights on the console. It only began yesterday. All the lights are in working order. Any suggestions on what this could be and how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-02, 07:48 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Short in the system or a bad headlight relay/overheating wiring.

Vehicle been in an accident?

Old 02-18-02, 08:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does it start this after vehicle is warmed up? All the time or intermittent? Is the clicking under the hood? Is the a/c on, or defroster? Sounds like a partially seized a/c compressor cycling on and off, but need more details.

Old 02-19-02, 01:51 PM
Sayaka
Visiting Guest
clicking noise

The vehicle hasn't been in any accidents and yes, the clicking noise begins as soon as the vehicle's started. No air conditioning has been used, and no defroster for the past week or more. I did check under the hood.. but I wasn't able to tell where it was generating from, although it seemed to be on the passenger side. The clicking noise only began Sunday evening. It was washed Sunday afternoon.. but it was in one of the touchless washes and I can't imagine that making a difference.. but anything is possible.
Thanks for the suggestion fella's. I

Old 02-20-02, 05:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
When you say the lights pulsate, do you mean they dim...or go out? If they actually go out, it is probably a relay clicking. If they dim, something is kicking on and off that is pulling a substantial amperage draw. Watch the battery voltage as the clicking occurs. Tell us what you find.