1993 wrangler

Old 02-21-02, 02:56 PM
Jamie27
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 1993 wrangler

Hello, I have a 93 wrangler 4 litre, 6 cylinder. I recently wrote about a stuttering problem I had, and you recommended I change the plug wires which worked instantly. The wires were coroded and definitely weren't working well. The jeep ran fine for 5 days, now it idles fine but when I get it up in 3rd and 4th gear, there is hardly any acceleration past 35 mph and the whole car shakes. I looked under the hood and saw that a bolt fastening the cover to the engine was dangling out! I tightened it up but the problem still persists.

Any recommedations?

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-02, 03:15 PM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
need some more info...what "cover" are you referring to that the bolt was dangling out of?

Old 02-21-02, 03:19 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Misfiring will cause the fuel to dump into the converter. Depending on how long it was like that, you may have wiped out the converter. With the car off and engine cold, bang on the converter with the back of your hand. If you hear rattling inside it,your converter is clogged/stuffed/broken up.

Should also give the truck a full tuneup, plugs, cap, rotor, wires, all filters, etc.

Let's start there and see what we have. Change the O2 sensor while you are at it.