dashboard removal

Old 02-23-02, 07:42 AM
pjkas
Visiting Guest
Angry dashboard removal

We have a 97 Olds 88. We are having heating/cooling issues, and need to remove the dashboard to get at the problem. There are no visible screws, etc. holding on the dashboard, so it is a mystery how to remove it. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have been searching the web for a diagram or something and coming up empty...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-02, 08:46 AM
mooser1
Visiting Guest
as Joe always recommends, get yourself a good service manual or a subscription to alldata.com before attempting this procedure..this is a drawn out and complicated repair that is described in detail with exploded drawings in a manual.....if your vehicle is equipped with airbags be extremely cautious or injury could occur and having the system re-armed will be very expensive....

personally I would leave this job to a trained technician if airbags are involved.....

Old 02-23-02, 10:14 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Whoa Nelley......

Who says the problem is in the dash? What is the actual problem?

If your heater hoses are not hot, the problem is on the engine side (likely a thermostat) and putzing around under the dash won't solve the problem.

Mooser is right about the service manual, but what is the actual problem?

Feel the heater hoses going to the firewall with the car warmed up. Tell me if they are both hot or not. Start there.