1989 Mazda 626 2.0 liter 4 cylinder

Old 02-24-02, 12:01 PM
DWM2
Visiting Guest
1989 Mazda 626 2.0 liter 4 cylinder

I have owned my car for two years and it has 150,000 miles on it.
To date there has been no problems with the car except that it losses half a court of oil a month. I recently put a new thermostat in it and it was pumping some nice heat into the car. Last week I started the car up and some blueish smoke came out of the tailpipe. I started to smell a burnt smell when I turned the heater on. Then I noticed that the cars engine and transmission started to over heat, but the water pump is working and there is the right amount of anti-freeze in the radiator,also I took out the new thermostate and it still over heats. I noticed that there is a burnt oily substance in the the plastic radiator tub. I havent driven it anywhere because it over heats pretty fast and I scared there is something very wrong with it, and may cause more damage if I drive it.

If anyone has any suggestion I sure would appreaciate it
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-02, 03:17 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The motor is on borrowed time...blue smoke is burning oil.

That being said, I wouldn't put any do ray me into it. Pitch it for something better. These were troublesome cars from the get go. You got your use out of it at 150k.

The cooling system issue sounds like a clogged radiator or the beginnings of a head gasket. If you took out the stat and it still overheats you have trouble elsewhere.