1991 Buick Park Avenue Air Condicioner

Old 02-26-02, 06:14 PM
af4mh
Visiting Guest
1991 Buick Park Avenue Air Condicioner

Hello Everyone and thanks for reading my post.

Ok, here is my problem, hopefully someone can give me an idea on what is wrong or what parts to buy to get my air condicioner working again..

1. I thought it was the blower that had gone out because when i press the cool button on the car no air was flowing thru the vents no air at all..
I check the blower and the blower is working good.

2. I check the wires into the blower due to one of them being bad a posiblitlity.. Well I check the wires and no problem.

Now here is my problem, the purpule wire comming from inside the car no current was going thru so that it will reach the blower to active.

I trace the wire inside the buick and it lead to a module unit rectangular in shape. what can I do to get my air condicioner working again, has the module gone bad? what can I do?

Thanks

Miguel

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-02, 07:14 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Likely the climate control module.

But that sucker's expensive and you're going to be out a bit of green if you replace it and you are wrong.

Get a wiring diagram for your vehicle (try the links below) and be absolutely sure it is your problem before replacing it.

Some parts stores may be able to send the module out for testing and rebuild, which may be another option.

Old 02-27-02, 04:02 PM
af4mh
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply

Hello, Joe

thanks for the reply i will try the links and hopefully in the local recycle center of cars I be able to find a climate control module and it will be good...

Thanks

Miguel
]

Old 03-03-02, 11:05 AM
af4mh
Visiting Guest
Climate Control Module

Hello, Joe!!

I went under the dash board and pull the climate control unit and took it to a place to have it tested and it works great,, so then after I hook it back up still no air is flowing thru the vents,

then I notice a black wire so I follow the trace and it ends up in the battery negative - post, now I am thinking that that could be the problem right there, else maybe the computer shuts off the air until it has enough freon in order to protect the air system, I guess,

so I will try a couple of things and let you know

Miguel

Search this Thread