Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

92 Nissan PU - blows fuel pump fuse

Visiting Guest

03-01-02, 01:56 PM   #1  
hd_snow
92 Nissan PU - blows fuel pump fuse

I have a 92 Nissan pickup that blows the fuel pump fuse on rainy or foggy days. It works fine on clear sunny days.

With the truck running I used a hose and sprayed the wiring to the fuel pump. When I sprayed close to the fuse block under the hood that contains the fuel pump relay the fuse blew. I swapped out the fuel pump relay and put dielectric grease on everything hoping to moisture proof it. The problem still exists. TIA!!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-01-02, 05:20 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Likely a wire that has chaffed insulation and when it takes on moisture, it blows the fuse.

Visiting Guest

03-01-02, 09:09 PM   #3  
hd_snow
That makes sense to me and I've traced the wires. I had a Subaru in that past that some squirrels took to eatin' the wiring. But I don't see any walnuts or any wires that look suspect. I've pulled apart every connector that I could find. The connectors look in good shape and I covered them with dielectric grease and put back together.

I am thinking on running a wire from the relay under the hood to the fuel pump to try and isolate the problem. Would you have any other suggestions on tracing this sucker. THANKS!

Visiting Guest

03-02-02, 05:05 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You could do that. And if you lick the source of the problem, the wire has a breakdown somewhere.

Check www.alldata.com for any known bulletins that might match your problem.

Search this Thread