Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

92 Dodge Caravan, no spark or power to fuel pump

Visiting Guest

03-02-02, 11:45 AM   #1  
mmousehouse
92 Dodge Caravan, no spark or power to fuel pump

I have a 92 Dodge Caravan, 3.0L, FWD. I have no spark and no power going to the fuel pump.????? Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-02-02, 11:46 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Could have a bad ground or a bad computer.

Take the computer out, and have it checked at a parts store. Most times their remanufactured electronics supplier can test them for a fee.

Visiting Guest

03-02-02, 01:00 PM   #3  
mmousehouse
Engine control module???

Joe - Do you think the Engine control module could cause this? It worked fine last night and this morning it would not start.

Visiting Guest

03-02-02, 03:56 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Could very well be. You could also have a ground problem. Need a wiring diagram to start with that though. Check the links in my signature file for some wiring diagrams, but only the factory manual is going to have anything useful here.

ME

03-02-02, 04:53 PM   #5  
We own a 90 Caravan and 2 things come to mind that have caused us a problem...The MAP sensor and the a Pickup which is located under the distributor.I think if either one is faulty it can tell the computer to shut off the power to the fuel pump and/or the plugs... One time we had it towed to a garage and all the tech. did was tap on the pickup and the damned thing started right up...go figure. Anyway good luck with your van and please post back and let us know what you find out.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-02-02, 08:49 PM   #6  
There is a relay on this van called the ASD relay (Automatc Shut-Down) It disconnects power to both the ingnition and the fuel pump. They do go bad, and I would check that before I got into the more complicated things.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread