turn signal flasher-'93 subaru Impreza

Old 03-02-02, 05:03 PM
KatieSue00
Visiting Guest
turn signal flasher-'93 subaru Impreza

I bought a '93 Subaru Impreza last summer. The people who owned it previously lost the manual. My turn signal flasher has gone out. I can't find it under the dash, and want to change it myself. If someone has changed one themself, could you help me locate it? Otherwise I will have to take it to the dealership and get charged an arm and a leg.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-02, 09:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Why do you think it's the flasher? A blown bulb can cause the flasher to not operate. If the blinker comes on, but won't blink, that is the likely problem. If the flasher is bad, it usually is found on the fuse block, but on subaru...I don't know.

Old 03-03-02, 05:46 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
A quick call to any Subaru dealer's parts department will net the location in a jiffy. You can buy the part reasonably from them and they'll tell you where it is from their parts computer/fiche.

As Cheese said, check bulb operation first. Do the hazard flashers work ok?

Get the owner's manual for this shoe......check the links in my signature file (the one that states about service manuals). There are the telephone numbers/e-mail addresses of the companies that provide the manuals.

You could also order the manual through the Subaru dealer's parts department where you buy the flasher if that turns out to be your problem.

Old 03-29-02, 09:28 AM
mdlouhy
Visiting Guest
Flasher is behind radio

My flashers stopped working completely.
The flasher is behind the radio on the left side, a plastic black box, which can be opened. Mine was partially broken, but after opening it and playing with the contacts a lttle bit it started to work again.

Hope this helps.