98 chevy p.u. obd11 comp rear o2senser qust.

Old 03-03-02, 07:04 AM
ASE DAVE
Visiting Guest
98 chevy p.u. obd11 comp rear o2senser qust.

I have a frined at a repair fac. and have hooked up to comp. scan. tool and have found CODE 1153 O2SENSER this vehical has 3 sensers, two upstream in exh. manfold and one behind CAT. this code has to do with the down stream sen. behind CAT. THE CAT is still in place . i have replaced this senser and the same cod has come back. i know that if the senser do not swicth above and below .5volts it will set code. this senser is going to .1 are.2volts and staying there at 2000rpm . my qust. is does this mean the CAT is doing it job. and cleaning up all exh. are is it suppose to swicth rich and lean also. it has new spark plugs, air and fuel filter. the 2 front sensers are swicth rich and lean but not rear. i am havING trouble thinking this thing throw. any help will be greatly app. thanks again. DAVE.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-02, 09:44 AM
danc37166
Visiting Guest
CHECK FOR CONTAMINATED FUEL, HIGH OIL CONSUMPTION, OR EXHAUST LEAKS BETWEEN SENSOR AND ENGINE. ALSO CHECK FOR VACUME LEAKS, RESTRICTED AIR INTAKE OR OTHER DRIVETRAIN CODES. MAKE SURE THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR INSTALLED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND NO OBSTRUCTIONS. I FOUND AN INSTALIATION INSTRUCTION SHEET IN THE MAF SENSOR ONCE. GOOD LUCK.