Can not start the car after idle for few weeks

Old 03-03-02, 07:32 PM
buystc
Visiting Guest
Can not start the car after idle for few weeks

What do I have to do and make the car to start after it is not used for few weeks? What are the steps/things to do in order to keep the car idle (not running) for long period of time, e.g. weeks / months ? Thanks.

Old 03-03-02, 07:43 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Type of car?

If it just sat for a few weeks, should start right up with a well charged battery.

Old 03-03-02, 07:51 PM
buystc
Visiting Guest
Can not start after idle few weeks

It is Toyota Coralla, about 2 years old. Some sound from the stater after turn on the car key but the car refuses to turn on. New bettery and spark plugs are used. Thanks

Old 03-03-02, 07:58 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Make sure the connections to and from the battery are clean and tight.

If you've rectified that and the starter won't spin the motor, you likely have a defective starter.

Old 03-03-02, 08:31 PM
buystc
Visiting Guest
Can not start after idle few weeks

The bettery connector is ok because the car get air condition working, all the lights are ok. The start spin few rounds and slow down and spin few rounds continuously if I turn to "on" and keep at "on" location.

Any idea on fuels ? Since this is fuel injection car, how and where to find out if the fuel get into the combustion/engine ? Could feul line dried out ?

Old 03-03-02, 09:22 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If the car is only 2 years old, it should be under warranty. Take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

Old 03-03-02, 11:13 PM
buystc
Visiting Guest
Car can not start after few weeks

I have to get the tow car to tow it ! It is far from city.

Old 03-04-02, 08:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Doesn't matter.

Toyota will pick up the car on site and tow it to the dealer, if you give them the location.

Sounds like a weak battery. Charge it up and start from there. The car should turn right on. 2 year old fuel is not good but it's probably ok.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: