Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Turn Signal Flasher

03-05-02, 09:04 AM   #1  
Turn Signal Flasher

Does anyone know where I would find the location of the Turn Signal Flasher on a 1994 Oldsmobile Achieva? I have contacted my local GM service department, and they were of no help. Also could not locate the other book that was originally recommended.

I am hoping to get this straightened out soon - - I actually posted the original problem a month ago - - thanks for your help!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-05-02, 09:08 AM   #2  
Joe_F
You have a useless service department there it seems. Gee I found it 1,2,3 with two clicks of the mouse

I found it in the parts catalog information. Seems to be right near the steering column/fuseblock area. Should be yellow and clipped into a bracket.

03-05-02, 10:37 AM   #3  
Thanks Again JOE!!

Visiting Guest

03-05-02, 11:12 AM   #4  
Joe_F
No problem.

Now go tell that service and parts guy at the GM place it was easy as one, two three, click

03-09-02, 09:18 AM   #5  
What now??

Joe and all others:
Thanks for the help to date. Joe, with your assistance I was able to locate the flasher - - it was on the left side of my fuse box. Like you said, it was in a clip, but only had two yellow stripes going across it. I was able to replace with a brand ne flasher.

But the problem continues. . . . no turn signals at all!

I did a thorough check today, and my hazzards work, and everything else that is located on the turn signal lever (lights and cruise) work. I have put in a new fuse, and now a new flasher. Still the turn signals DO NOT WORK!!!

Any other suggestions? Or is it time to get a professional?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

BGH

Visiting Guest

03-09-02, 11:57 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Likely a bad turn signal switch at this point. Make sure you changed the right flasher as there are two flashers . One is for the hazards, the other for the turn signals.

As for the switch, if an airbag is involved, professional job!

Search this Thread