Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1993 pontiac sunbird

Visiting Guest

03-11-02, 05:34 PM   #1  
mattgd1971
1993 pontiac sunbird

my car will fun fine for a while and then all the sudden it will slow down and cut out and will barely go and then a little bit later it will kick back in and run fine again i changed the plugs but had no change. is there a fuel filter that may be getting plugged up or do you think it is electrical? 4cyl 2.0 fuel inj

Last edited by mattgd1971; 03-11-02 at 05:52 PM.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-11-02, 05:56 PM   #2  
does the check engine light come on? How is your fuel pressure? Change fuel filter to rule it out if it hasn't been changed in a while, could also be the pump or regulator. If you have no codes, change the filter, if it still does it, check the pressure and let us know what you find.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

03-11-02, 05:58 PM   #3  
rickwhoo
check the fuel filter. just remove it and try to blow thru it. should be almost no restriction in it. the filter is under the car buy the gas tank.

Visiting Guest

03-11-02, 07:48 PM   #4  
mattgd1971
1993sunbird

the check engine light does come on once the car kicks back in and starts to run better. i took off the fuel filter and tried to blow through it at first it was kinda hard to blow through and then got easier i blew through it with an air compresser and put it back on still no change

Visiting Guest

03-11-02, 07:54 PM   #5  
Joe_F
Check the links in my signature file for how to pull your codes. Post back what you find.

Search this Thread