cooling sys. too cold

Old 03-11-02, 08:17 PM
jz brake
Visiting Guest
Question cooling sys. too cold

95 corsica, 2.2, automatic trans. cooling sys. runs at 80 celsius after an hour of idling. will not reach 235 degrees. changed the thermostat 195 degree, the fan is not running, water circulate good. no bubbles in ressavoir. what i'm i over looking

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-02, 06:26 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
How are you reading this temperature? Are you using the coolant sensor's reading through a scan tool? If not, the gauge may be off.

Change the coolant sensor as well. Cheap enough.

Old 03-12-02, 06:27 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Also, what is the actual concern? No heat?

Old 03-12-02, 07:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
80 degrees celcius is somewhere around 180 degrees farenheit if I'm guesstimating correctly. If you're just idling with no load, and up there in Missouri where it's nice and cool...then you don't seem to have a problem. Do you have a problem that you're trying to diagnose?

Old 03-26-02, 06:42 AM
jz brake
Visiting Guest
too cold

yes, i was reading the temp. through the scanner. the compliant, was the compartment wasn't warming up. checked all the heater module doors, ok, and decided to install the second thermostat now the problem is fix, here lately i've been having problem with parts not working or just half ass working. i think quality control is out the back door these days.

Old 03-26-02, 09:00 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

I agree.

I bought a Delco thermostat a few years ago. Not only was it a reboxed Stant, it was defective.

In the same respect I bought a Delco water pump and it turned out to be a Carter pump in disguise.