stop leak in coolant system(again)


Old 03-13-02, 05:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
stop leak in coolant system(again)

Going back to my post on 03/06/02 about stop leak in my '96 blazer. I was looking through the Haynes manual and under the section for changing coolant it says that GM recommends adding 'GM cooling system sealer' part # 3634621 every time the coolant is changed. Is that stuff what I am calling stop leak, and if so, does GM really advocate putting that stuff in the system every time you change the coolant? I don't see anything about adding that stuff in the owners manual.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-02, 06:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

GM stuff is coolant additive/sealer. Stop Leak, Bars Leak and the like are usually different.

I don't use any of that stuff in any of my cars. Back in the 80's, Cadillac advocated using similar pellets in the HT4100 engine. My dad was very leery about doing so, but did so.

Find out what GM recommends through their service literature and go from there. Haynes may have it wrong. I don't really like their manuals, they are generic at best.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: