thermal disc and battery replacement

Old 03-13-02, 05:23 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thermal disc and battery replacement

Hello,
I wasn't sure where I should place this one?I was recently talking to a friend and he informed me that he heard of an individual that was inventing a type of thermal disc (the type we use in AC)that would replace the car battery.This all falls under the belief that a car engine will develop or generate enough heat to create the needed electricity to adequately supply the automobile.Therefore replacing the battery and maybe making it obsolete.What do you think?The only draw back that I can see right now ,is that (maybe)when you start to utilize your heater on the car you will be stealing heat from the thermal disc ,that it needs for electricity.

Old 03-14-02, 05:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
There have been various technologies on the plate to replace various things in the modern automobile.

Most have been shelved due to cost concerns, reliability or longevity (in the case of electric vehicles), and laxness on the government in updating fuel economy and efficiency standards.

That being said, if you read most trade and industry magazines have emerging technology stories like this.

Old 03-14-02, 07:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Question...when the vehicle is cold, how would you start it without a battery. The disk you mentioned only produces energy when heat is applied, correct? There would have to be a electrical storage unit (battery) to supply the starter to crank the engine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: