Fuel pressure Regulator

Old 03-14-02, 05:39 AM
Question Fuel pressure Regulator

94 Ranger 4.0L .....76000
About 6 month ago I had Vacuum modulator go bad on transmission and it suck transmission fluid up into the motor.
I was checking vacuum lines on the engine other day, and notice the vacuum line going to the fuel pressure Regulator being lose, when I remove the line it had transmisson fluid in it. I clean it up and put a new rubber connector on it. My question is, if transmission fluid got into the fuel pressure regulator via the vacuum port would it damage the fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-02, 05:46 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Likely would. I would change it to be sure.

Old 03-14-02, 09:32 AM
xiii13
Visiting Guest
When a fuel pressure regulator goes bad the rubber diaphragm inside ruptures. One or two things will happen. You will get gas sucked into the vacuum line, or gas will leak out the seams on the regulator. It's the same as what happened to your vacuum modulator. Both problems are easy enough to check. If it checks out, it probably didn't screw up the regulator. But, if that was me I would change it anyway. They are around $50

Old 03-14-02, 10:21 AM
Thanks Joe_F & xiii13 for info. Since its been about 6 months and I havent seen any leaks. I will hope its ok, price around here for fuel pressure regulator is 75 to 120, bit much to paid to just replace. I will keep checking it, pull the vaccum line from time to time to check for gas.

Thanks