Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

98 Windstar - continuous beeping - fuse

Visiting Guest

03-15-02, 01:19 PM   #1  
Jody T.
98 Windstar - continuous beeping - fuse

Intermittently, and becoming almost continuously now, I start the van and the symbol for an open door comes on and a beeping goes continuously with overhead interior light on until I reach the speed of about 17 mph and then it stops but when I slow down to come to a stop or something and get to 17 mph again, it starts and doesn't stop until I get over the 17 mph. There is a fuse that we have found that controls the interior light and the back defroster and the wipers and that open door symbol - when that is pulled out - it stops - but when it is put back in or replaced it may not do it right away but later in day - starts again. Sounds like a short somewhere - but where do we start? HELP.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-16-02, 11:01 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Some vehicles have a built in warning systems/speed alarms that for some odd reason alerts you when you may have left the doors open/unlocked.

For a giggle, call Ford's 800 line and see if yours is so equipped.

Beyond that, probably bad door jamb switches/sensors which are common woes on later Fords like this.

Search this Thread