Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

92 Ford Probe Trans. Problem

Visiting Guest

03-16-02, 04:56 PM   #1  
r1thyme
92 Ford Probe Trans. Problem

got a 92 Ford Probe automatic that when shifting into 3rd slips badly as if no fluid is in the system.
I did a filter and fluid change thinking that the filter was clogged the fluid that came out was burnt but other than that no other signs of problems
the car does not have normal ford Diagnostic conectors what do I need to pull codes? thank you

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-16-02, 05:35 PM   #2  
ASE DAVE
92 FORD PROBE DOES NOT HAVE DIG. CODES FOR TRANS. POSS BAD 3GEAR. SORRY

Visiting Guest

03-16-02, 10:35 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree. Sounds like wiped out internal parts. If the fluid is burned, that's a sure sign it's wiped inside.

If the car is in good shape, get a rebuild done on it. If it's in so-so shape, pitch it for something better. Ford Probes are not the best vehicles out there...

Visiting Guest

03-19-02, 05:38 PM   #4  
transman
very sorry to have to inform you the most likley cause is burnt direct clutches common problem in that trans. the fluid should also be burnt, if fluid is clean (red) have the o ring on shift solenoid checked. that is an in car repair.
we do ship transmissions.

Visiting Guest

03-20-02, 07:43 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Good information TransMan....

Not sure if the forum folks want stuff sold through here. Better check with them on that (not a threat in any way, just a FYI).

Search this Thread