Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

91 Ford Probe Heater fan

Visiting Guest

03-17-02, 11:18 AM   #1  
Bob Ruth
91 Ford Probe Heater fan

Heater fan stopped working on cold morning while warming up (wife reports burnt odor, No blown fuses, bad resister module replaced, open fan motor replaced (connector had some melting), pulled fan speed control and I have no power, I suspect a some kind of a fan relay or fusible link but the repair book I have dose not show this electrical circuit. Need help with power routing to fan speed selector and location of any components you suspect.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-17-02, 11:21 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Hit some of the links listed below in my sig. file. Might have something to help.

If not, pitch your repair book for a better manual or Alldata subscription with a better diagram.

Visiting Guest

03-20-02, 05:19 PM   #3  
Bob Ruth
Heater fan repair

Went to alldata.com and they had all of the information I needed. Because I would like to keep this car running for awhile it was a good investment. Alldata had detailed electrical schematics and diagrams locating all components. The last problem was a power relay located in front of the battery. I would never have located it with out help. ( Note: The main heater fuse is rated at 40 amps and the relay was rated at 20 amps, the relay had melted some but I cleaned the contacts and reshaped it.) Alldata allowed me to Finnish repairing the car on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks

Visiting Guest

03-21-02, 06:07 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Good deal Bob.

Glad it worked for you .

Search this Thread