92 Mazda 626 A/C Control Problem

Old 03-18-02, 11:58 AM
RandyR
Visiting Guest
Question 92 Mazda 626 A/C Control Problem

The a/c and 4-speed fan control seem to have a related problem. On fan speeds low and med, the a/c compressor will run and the motor cooling fan will run, but I have no air circulation in the passenger compartment.

On fan speeds med-hi and high, the air circulating fan will run, but the a/c light goes off, the compressor stops, and the motor cooling fan goes off.

I can jumper directly to the compressor clutch from the battery on the higher fan speeds, and the compressor will run, but the motor cooling fan of course does not come on.

It appears to be some type of control problem, either with the A/C/fan control in the dash, or some interlocking relay somewhere.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-02, 12:10 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Depends on what switches the vents.

Are you saying the air blows, but in the wrong spots?

Old 03-18-02, 12:53 PM
RandyR
Visiting Guest
No. Which vents the air comes out are not the problem. I have no fan operation at all on fan switch positions lo and med-lo, but the a/c compressor runs and the motor cooling fan is on. On fan speeds med-hi and hi, I have proper fan operation, but the a/c compressor and indicator LED goes off, and the motor cooling fan goes off.

Thanks for your quick read.

Old 03-18-02, 01:12 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like a controller issue, especially if it's electronic.

Should get a diagram of the system from a service manual and go from there. Best way. That or swap in a used control and see if that helps.