Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

alignment

03-18-02, 12:27 PM   #1  
alignment

I'm about to go on a decent road trip, 4 hours. As of late my 2001 Blazer LS seems not so much to be "pulling" to the left as it is that the steering wheel is turned to the left. I'm assuming this is an alignment problem. Is it serious enough that I should spend the $80 before I go on vacation or is it ok to take it for the drive? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-18-02, 01:13 PM   #2  
Joe_F
It's 80 bucks well spent, no doubt.

It will prevent tire wear. Spend the greenbacks and get it done.

Also make sure your tire pressure is correct. Check it when cold, and follow the decal in the glovebox/doorjamb/owner's manual.

03-18-02, 01:25 PM   #3  
Thanks Joe. You re-affirmed what I knew was the smart way to do things. I've been keeping an eye on my tire pressure. 32psi. Darn potholes. 6,000 miles and I need an alignment. The dangers of NYC.

Visiting Guest

03-18-02, 01:44 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Don't I know it being from the NYC area my whole life .

Visiting Guest

03-18-02, 03:45 PM   #5  
chadtoolio
The steering wheel can also be turned slightly to the left due to the crown in the road and can be considered normal unless it is excessive. How do the tires look? That's the biggest indicator of a proper alignment!

Have a good trip!

Search this Thread