Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

brakes

Visiting Guest

03-19-02, 05:34 AM   #1  
jeff41
brakes

94 GMC Sonoma,4WALBrakes,,peddle bottoms out slowly , iv'e changed the master cylinder , twice,bench bled the cylinder before installing, all wheel cylinders r good, i have a good hard peddle with engine off, engine on, peddle bottoms out , i pulled a vacuum on the booster, it wouldnt hold a vacuum, getting ready to change combination valve,, any advice, please help!

Last edited by jeff41; 03-19-02 at 06:01 AM.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-19-02, 05:56 AM   #2  
Joe_F
The year and type of vehicle is a start....

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder?

Are you getting a full and steady stream out of all the wheels?

Any leaks in the system?

03-19-02, 09:54 PM   #3  
Master Cyl

Where did you get the master Cyl? Is it new our rebuilt? You do know this is the symtom of an internal leak in the Master Cyl don't you. I have gotten so mad at rebuilt parts in the last 10 years I just don't buy them anymore.

In fact I still have to do something to make the parts fit, or finish up the job on even the new parts I buy.

Having a bad boster or check valve would not act like that. If you got a rebuild from a place like Pep Boys, Advance Auto or Auto Zone well it could be so out of spec that it could have an internal leak.

A little more info would help. Marturo

Search this Thread