automotive

Old 03-22-02, 08:47 AM
wessmith98
Visiting Guest
automotive

I have a 1994 Dodge Caravan with the 3.3 V-6 that keeps stalling but only does it after running a while ( 30 minutes ) and on a warm day. It will stall as i come to a stop and then is difficult to start back up. it will turn over but will not "catch". After about 5 minutes, it will start back up with no problem but may stall on me again at the next stop or real slow turn (like into my driveway). I have replaced fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve, and ignition coil. Seemed to be ok for about a week after replacing coil but it was because it was cool outside. Any ideas would be appreciated especially from someone with experience on this and Dodge. ***UPDATE*** As of 4/29/02 have replaced wires, plugs, O2 sensor, IAC motor, throttle position sensor, fuel pump and relay, & fuel pressure regulator. Still doing it. I am about to shoot the thing. Any more ideas?? I have seen many related things in different web sites but have heard of no solution.

Last edited by wessmith98; 04-29-02 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-22-02, 09:27 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The engine size would be a start...........

The pickup coil in the distributor may be shot (if so equipped), along with other woes.

Old 03-22-02, 11:12 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
3.3 should be distributorless.

Check alldata.com for any known bulletins that relate to the problem.

Check the links in my signature file below for some ideas.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: