Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1995 chrystler cirrus

Visiting Guest

03-24-02, 06:46 PM   #1  
harleychic
1995 chrystler cirrus

My car will turn over perfectly, but it doesn't seem to fire. It was towed to a garage, put on the computer and no codes were found. They unplugged the "distributor"(I thought newer cars had coil packs?)and plugged it back in. When they went to check on either a sensor or module, they turned the key and it started. I drove it all evening, it ran fine and the next day it wouldn't start again. If anyone has any clue what could be wrong, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Rachel

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-25-02, 05:58 AM   #2  
Joe_F
You don't mention what engine size we are talking about, so that is the first question.

Could have had an intermittent connection that was "fixed" by plugging in the coil again.

That being said, check the links and posts in my signature file, most notably "The Basics".

If the shop charged you to "fix" the car, bring it back and make them do it over. Their repair did not fix your problem.

Visiting Guest

03-25-02, 06:20 AM   #3  
harleychic
1995 chrystler cirrus part 2

Sorry...The engine is I believe a 2.3 liter

Visiting Guest

03-25-02, 10:11 AM   #4  
Joe_F
No such engine in a Cirrus.

2.4 liter 4 cylinder or 2.5 V6? I don't think they had the 2.0 4 cylinder back then....

Visiting Guest

03-25-02, 04:53 PM   #5  
harleychic
sorry...like I said in my profile, I know a little bit about alot of things...it is definately a 6 cyllender...the car is not in a near proximity to get the liters for you...thanks for all your help though...

Visiting Guest

03-26-02, 05:27 AM   #6  
Joe_F
That's a 2.5 liter V6 then.

It could be the coil pack or other ignition woes.

Did you pay the first shop for repair? If you did, go back to them and make them make it right..their repair didn't fix your problem.

Visiting Guest

03-29-02, 07:10 AM   #7  
harleychic
Thanks for your help...it is the coil packs...I only gave the garage a minimal fee the first time for putting it on the computer but they couldn't find the problem because it started the first time. They can't replace just the coils though, it has to be the whole distributor assembly...big bucks for a new one...but what else can you do?!? Thanks again for the help!!!!

Visiting Guest

03-29-02, 07:32 AM   #8  
Joe_F
Sounds about right for that model.....

Search this Thread