Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1994 honda accord

Visiting Guest

03-25-02, 11:36 AM   #1  
vientoysol
1994 honda accord

i have a 1994 honda accord. I changed the spark plugs, wires, and rotor, distributor cap but the car wont start. what should i do?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-25-02, 12:25 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Start by checking the links and posts in my signature file and let us know what you find.

The problem may not be ignition related. Could have a fuel problem.

Group Moderator

FL

03-25-02, 07:13 PM   #3  
Could also be a busted timing belt among other things.

Visiting Guest

03-26-02, 05:17 AM   #4  
Joe_F
To check for a bad timing belt, take off the distributor cap. Have someone crank the engine. If the rotor turns, the belt is OK. If not, snapped timing belt. In such case on many Hondas, breaking the timing belt wipes out the valves, so a valve job would be in your future.

Honda timing belts should be changed at 60k as a maintenance, not repair item.

MI

12-18-02, 01:33 PM   #5  
1994 Honda Accord Timing Belt

I performed a search to find a related question. My friend has a 1994 Honda Accord that has 80,000 miles. She is worried that it will break and wants me to help her replace it.
Thing is, I have never worked on a Honda before and am curious if anyone could tell me if this is going to be a heck of a job or what? Also, if anyone could direct me to any information about replacing the timing belt and/or some needed timing specs, I would greatly appreciate it. (Preferably free Info)
Thanks in advance,

Brian

Visiting Guest

12-18-02, 02:43 PM   #6  
Joe_F
Change the water pump at the same time you do the job. It's a bit of a PITA to do this job.

You can check autolibrary.org through my "The Basics" below and read up if it is something you want to tackle or not.

Search this Thread