87 chevy s-10 blazer

Old 03-28-02, 06:05 PM
harleyike
Visiting Guest
Question 87 chevy s-10 blazer

i have an 87 s-10 2wd blazer that i just replaced the thermostat, water pump and installed a new battery. for some reason now, it won't start. there is nothing. no click from turning the ignition, no sound like a dead battery, absoutly nothing. the battery has 12.5 volts with a meter, and all the electronics inside are working. i can't figure it out. i checked for loose wires, but every thing seems connected. i'm stumped. need HELP!!!!

thanks,
Ike

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-02, 12:49 AM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
Thoroughly inspect the battery terminals and cables. Sounds like one or more is loose or corroded.

Old 03-29-02, 05:37 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I agree. Sounds like a loose connection. If everything checks out, rap on the starter body with a hammer.

If the truck now cranks, wiped starter. Replace it with a Delco reman unit.

Old 03-30-02, 09:20 AM
motyen69
Visiting Guest
Follow the ground cable back to the engine block. Make sure it is not loose.If it is, the least amount will be enough for corrosion to exist. Remove it and wire brush the cable end and the area on the block. Been there done that.

Old 03-31-02, 05:35 AM
harleyike
Visiting Guest
87 s-10 blazer

i took the advice and rapped on the starter body, and it tryed to crank over. i replaced the starter and all is well. thanks to all for your inputs.

Ike